West Virginia Space Grant Consortium Programs for Educators
One of the main goals of the West Virginia Space Grant Consortium is to enhance the interests and enthusiasm of K-12 students and teachers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. To achieve this goal, the Consortium encourages teachers, schools, or non-profit organizations to design and implement K-12 professional development projects or new curricula with the main emphasis on teacher development, not class activities.
The Extension and Public Outreach program support individuals (or teams) to develop new and innovative extension and outreach programs in West Virginia. Examples of such programs are: conferences that promote the understanding, education, development, and utilization of space; provide learning opportunities to parents and family members to disseminate information about STEM opportunities; seminars or training sessions that encourage interdisciplinary training and research in aerospace-related fields; or informal education activities for the general public (e.g., Science Day or NASA Day) or for students (e.g. astronomy clubs)
Required Application Rules:
- Proposals must be submitted online. Please note that the applicant is responsible for completeness and accuracy of the material contained in the proposal. Any deviation from the stated rules and requirements will result in disqualification of the proposal.
- Each award category is judged separately based on published criteria. However, the NASA WVSGC/WV EPSCoR Board will review all submitted proposals and consider each proposal’s total scores, combined with other considerations, in reaching a final award decision.
- Each PI may submit no more than one proposal per category.
- Proposers must be very clear about the goals and objectives (what they propose to do) and the methodology to achieve those goals and objectives (how they plan to execute the project).
- Recipients of NASA WV Space Grant funds must be U.S. Citizens.
- Indirect charges are prohibited and the waiver of such charges may not be included as a component of the required cost share
- The use of NASA funds for foreign travel and purchase of equipment is prohibited.
For electronic submissions click here