Research Initiation Grants are awarded to encourage new faculty members or established faculty members interested in venturing into new research areas. Proposals must be to pursue research in scientific areas of interest to NASA and to help faculty members establish long-term relationships with NASA researchers. This is a research initiation program with an objective to stimulate NASA sponsored research at West Virginia colleges and universities. Women and minorities are highly encouraged to apply for this funding.
Required Application Rules:
- Proposals must be submitted on-line. Please note that the applicant is responsible for completeness and accuracy of the material contained in the proposal. Any deviation from the stated rules and requirements will result in disqualification of the proposal.
- Each award category is judged separately based on published criteria. However, the NASA WVSGC/WV EPSCoR Board will review all submitted proposals and consider each proposal’s total scores, combined with other considerations, in reaching a final award decision.
- Each PI may submit no more than one proposal per category.
- Proposers must be very clear about the goals and objectives (what they propose to do) and the methodology to achieve those goals and objectives (how they plan to execute the project).
- Recipients of NASA WV Space Grant funds must be U.S. Citizens.
- Indirect charges are prohibited and the waiver of such charges may not be included as a component of the required cost share
- The use of NASA funds for foreign travel and purchase of equipment is prohibited.
For electronic submissions click here