NASA Internships are educational hands-on opportunities that provide unique NASA-related research and operational experiences for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students. These internships integrate participants with career professionals emphasizing mentor-directed, degree-related, real-time world task completion. During the internship participants engage in scientific or engineering research, development, and operations activities. In addition, there are non-technical internship opportunities to engage in professional activities which support NASA business and administrative processes. Click here for comments from previous WVSGC sponsored interns!
State-Level Internship Programs
Please Note: For opportunities at WV high-tech companies, please send your letter of interest and a copy of your resume directly to the WVSGC office.
Some of the high-tech companies students have interned at in the past include but are not limited to:
- Engine & Airframe Solutions Worldwide, LLC
- National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL)
- TMC Technologies, Inc.
- WV High Technology Consortium Foundation
National-Level Internship Programs
Please Note: For all the listed opportunities, students must apply through the WVSGC if they seek our endorsement and commitment of funds. A copy of all applications must be forwarded to our office.
- Summer Internship program at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Past JPL intern abstracts are located at Past Abstracts to give you an idea about the range of projects. Click here to find a listing of current research at JPL.
- For more information about JPL Opportunities and past research projects done, please see Dr. Atkinson’s presentation here.
- Caltech Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Caltech’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) program introduces students to research under the guidance of seasoned research mentors at Caltech and JPL.
- NASA Academy opportunities are listed below:
Space Academies with a broad interdisciplinary focus on Space/Aerospace coupled with science, engineering, technology and commercial ventures.
* NASA Academy at Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA)
* NASA Academy at Glenn Research Center (Cleveland, OH)
* NASA Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
Aeronautics Academies have additional emphasis on Integrated Systems Research, Project Management, and Multi-disciplinary Collaboration.
* NASA Aeronautics Academy at Glenn Research Center (Cleveland, OH)
* NASA Aeronautics Academy at Langley Research Center (Hampton, VA)
* NASA Aeronautics Academy at Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA)
* NASA Aeronautics Academy at Armstrong Flight Research Center (Edwards AFB, CA)
* NASA Robotics Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
* NASA Propulsion Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
To apply for the Academies and additional NASA internship opportunities, please visit the NASA Internships and Fellowships website.