This program by the NASA WV Space Grant Consortium (WVSGC) funds projects to develop new and innovative STEM courses at the institutions of higher education affiliated with the Consortium. Applicants are required to present a clear and feasible plan for designing and offering a new course in the STEM fields and include plans for the continuation of the course after the first year. On-line course development may also be considered. Each successful proposal will receive up to $5,000 in NASA funds to be matched 1:1 from non-federal sources.
Required Application Rules:
- Proposals must be submitted on-line. Please note that the applicant is responsible for completeness and accuracy of the material contained in the proposal. Any deviation from the stated rules and requirements will result in disqualification of the proposal.
- Each award category is judged separately based on published criteria. However, the NASA WVSGC will review all submitted proposals and consider each proposal’s total scores, combined with other considerations, in reaching a final award decision.
- Each PI may submit no more than one proposal per category.
- Proposers must be very clear about the goals and objectives (what they propose to do) and the methodology to achieve those goals and objectives (how they plan to execute the project).
- Please note that all proposals must align with one of the five NASA Mission Directorates. (Aeronautics Research, Science, Space Technology, Exploration Systems Development, or Space Operations). To read about the latest programs and current interests for the Mission Directorates, please click here. Failure to clearly indicate the alignment with a NASA Mission Directorate will result in disqualification of the proposal and not being forwarded to the reviewers.
- Recipients of NASA WV Space Grant funds must be U.S. Citizens.
- The use of NASA funds for foreign travel and purchase of equipment is prohibited.
College Course Development Application Form
For electronic submissions click here