The goal of this program is to foster and cultivate collaborative research between researchers at WVSGC member institutions and other high-technology companies in the state. Ideally, this program will promote the development and transfer of technology to the private sector with the result of creating patents and high-tech jobs in the state.
Required Application Rules:
- Proposals must be submitted on-line. Please note that the applicant is responsible for completeness and accuracy of the material contained in the proposal. Any deviation from the stated rules and requirements will result in disqualification of the proposal.
- Each award category is judged separately based on published criteria. However, the NASA WVSGC Board will review all submitted proposals and consider each proposal’s total scores, combined with other considerations, in reaching a final award decision.
- Each PI may submit no more than one proposal per category.
- Proposers must be very clear about the goals and objectives (what they propose to do) and the methodology to achieve those goals and objectives (how they plan to execute the project).
- Please note that all proposals must align with one of the five NASA Mission Directorates. (Aeronautics Research, Human Exploration & Operations, Science, and Space Technology). To read about the latest programs and current interests for the Mission Directorates, please click here. Failure to clearly indicate the alignment with a NASA Mission Directorate will result in disqualification of the proposal and not being forwarded to the reviewers.
- Recipients of NASA WV Space Grant funds must be U.S. Citizens.
- The use of NASA funds for foreign travel and purchase of equipment is prohibited.
Joint University-Industry Research Application Form
For electronic submissions click here