The goal of this program is to foster and cultivate collaborative research between researchers at WVSGC member institutions, aerospace related and other high-tech. companies in the state. Faculty from WVSGC academic affiliates work on a collaborative research project with high-tech. companies in West Virginia.
Required Application Rules:
- Proposals must be submitted on-line. Please note that the applicant is responsible for completeness and accuracy of the material contained in the proposal. Any deviation from the stated rules and requirements will result in disqualification of the proposal.
- Each award category is judged separately based on published criteria. However, the NASA WVSGC/WV EPSCoR Board will review all submitted proposals and consider each proposal’s total scores, combined with other considerations, in reaching a final award decision.
- Each PI may submit no more than one proposal per category.
- Proposers must be very clear about the goals and objectives (what they propose to do) and the methodology to achieve those goals and objectives (how they plan to execute the project).
- Each proposer must identify and align their proposal with at least one of the four NASA mission directorates ((Aeronautics Research, Human Exploration & Operations, Science, and Space Technology). The full list of NASA Mission Directorates and Center Alignment can be found here.
- Recipients of NASA WV Space Grant funds must be U.S. Citizens.
- Indirect charges are allowed, and the waiver of such charges may be included as a component of the required cost share
- The use of NASA funds for foreign travel and purchase of equipment is prohibited.
For electronic submissions click here