Given the unique needs of the community and technical colleges in general and of West Virginia in particular, the NASA WV Space Grant Consortium offers opportunities to the community and technical college students and faculty that will assist them as they seek meaningful educational opportunities and future jobs in STEM fields. Specific opportunities through NASA WVSGC will include two distinct yet compatible opportunities – Fellowships/Internships for students and Course Development for faculty.
Academic Year Fellowships
An opportunity for students to develop STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) related projects in collaboration with faculty and/or other students (e.g. Space Flight Design Challenge) during the academic year.
- The amount of these awards is $4,000 per student. The faculty mentor will receive an honorarium of $1,000.
- Deadline to apply for Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 Fellowships: August 17, 2020, by 5:00 p.m. (EST)
Community / Technical College-Based Course Development
Community and Technical College Systems (CTCS) faculty members will develop new and innovative courses at the institutions of higher education and those courses will be delivered to CTCS students during the subsequent years. It is anticipated that these courses will then continue in the regular curriculum at the CTCS colleges.
- Each successful proposal will receive up to $5,000 in NASA funds.
- These courses should be offered starting in the spring 2020 semester.
- Deadline to apply for the CTC Course Development: There are no Requests for Proposals open at this time. The next round of opportunities will open in November 2020.