Job Title: NASA Intern – College level
Job Status: Part time
Number of Positions: 1
Expected Start Date: April 2020
Duration: Up to 1 year
Work Location: Katherine Johnson Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Facility – Fairmont, WV/ Remote
Please send Resume / Cover letter submissions by February 28, 2020 to: email@example.com.
Job Name: Team Readiness Yearlong Project Opportunity
Job Description: NASA is seeking a college intern to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at the Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility. The intern will be supporting an initiative dedicated to team readiness and will be tasked to develop a training portal that will allow employees to select and track progress toward completing levels of technical specialization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain master log of training materials and develop database for easy access and integration in to common tools environment
- Develop web interface to database that allows users to select courses for a learning plan, track progress to completion, and maintain learning history
- Perform work on-site in the Government facility
Desired Skills: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Enrolled in college or university majoring in computer
science or engineering
- Must be at least a current college Junior
- Experienced with relational databases and web development
- Experience with C#, JAVA
- Able to develop software using object-oriented software design and implementation principles
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, and verification and validation
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance